Monday 25 June 2007

iPhone in search of a decent network

25th June 07

iPhone in search of a decent network


Excellent article in the FT today Click here about the deficiencies of the Edge network to cope with the expectations of iPhone users. In my view, even 3G will not allow a decent web browsing or download experience. Only broadband, via WiFi or WiMax will provide that.

However, I'm very happy with the speed of the email service on my Blackberry. So if the iPhone combines voice, music, navigation, text, camera and mobile email...I'd be a happy bunny. I'll stick to downloading music at home (never believed in the mobile music download model, particularrly if it involves a subscription) and will just have to wait for faster web browsing to get the video service I'd like.

No comments: