Tuesday 19 February 2008

Beer Syndrome Part Three

The Times on 18th Feb 08 reckoned that many Americans will use their c$600 rebate cheque in June/July, designed by Bush to kickstart the economy out of recession, to go buy consumer electronics with Apple’s iPod top of the list. Read In time of need, Apple’’s new icon, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you. Even though I top-sliced last Nov, I still hold Apple shares (although now they have cost be nothing). So that would be a welcome counter to my other bombed out investments!

Will it happen like that? It would certainly play well with my Beer Syndrome theories. But, as I’ve said before, the Beer Syndrome only works in mild recessions. Anything deeper and consumers will have to use the funds to pay for essentials – like stopping your home being repossessed or buying your groceries if you have lost your job..

No comments: