Monday 7 April 2008

Angle gets another offer

Angle, an investor in early stage technology companies, has received an all-share bid approach worth 60p per share, more than double its current share price. This values Angle at £16.3m compared with its current market value of just over £7m.

The approach comes just a week after the group ended bid talks with a unnamed suitor over an all-share bid, describing the offer as opportunistic and not sufficiently attractive to recommend to shareholders. (Source - Sharecast)

Angle came to my attention as their Chairman is Garth Selvey who many readers might know as the CEO of Comino which was sold to Civica last year. I first met Selvey when I was a NED at TIS back in the late 1980s - before it was sold to Misys. It was my investment in TIS that translated into my Misys shareholding which, to say the least, has seen some major 'ups and downs' since. Fortunately I have few left.

Selvey is showing what the term "serial entrepreneur" is all about!

No comments: