Thursday 25 September 2008

Tonight's the Night

Tonight I present my annual “State of the ICT Nation” talk for the Prince’s Trust Technology Leadership Group (TLG) where I was both a founder and the current Chairman. It's entitled Revolution or Evolution.

The 60 places have been sold out for months and, at £1250 a place and BT covering all the dinner costs and providing the BT Tower, we will raise around £65,000 for the Trust. Indeed, this is the 10th such presentation I have done for the Prince’s Trust which have now raised over £700,000 in total contributing towards the £7m that the TLG has raised since its inception in 2002. Thank you for all those who are attending tonight (and in the past) and therefore have contributed towards this amazing total.

I’d like to think that guests come just to hear me. But I know that the real draw is the unrivalled networking. Tonight is no exception with such industry luminaries as Ian Livingston (CEO BT), Guy Hains (CEO EMEA CSC), David Courtley (CEO Fujitsu Services), John Suffolk (HM Government CIO), Steve Gill (CEO HP UK), Mike Dalton (CEO EMEA McAfee), Gordon Frazer (MD Microsoft UK), John Brigden (SVP EMEA Symantec) amongst the exclusively top-notch guests.

I'll post a full review of my presentation in Monday's UKHotViews.

No comments: