Sunday 2 November 2008

Kashflow wins award for Cloud solution

(By Richard Holway) You all know of my involvement as one of the founders and now Chairman of the Princes Trust Technology Leadership Group. So it gives me huge pleasure when one of the people the Prince’s Trust has backed via the Business Programme ‘makes good’. And that is certainly the case for Duane Jackson, the founder of Kashflow – the cloud based accounting system for SMEs. I wrote about Kashflow in my post of 22nd July Kashflow and the Princes Trust but am delighted to announce that, last week, Kashflow was awarded the top spot in the Small Business Accounting Software category at the Business Software Satisfaction Awards. They beat Sage, Quickbooks Pro and MYOB Accounting Plus. As Jackson said in his rather jubilant email to me “We also had 3-times the share of the vote that Sage received”.

I remember suggesting at a Regent Conference over 10 years ago that I saw accounting systems as an obvious ASP (now read Cloud) application. Many people doubted my sanity at the time (and ever since!) and I readily admit that I got my timings completely wrong. I think Kashflow is demonstrating that Cloud’s Time is Coming. I also think it demonstrates how a tiny upstart new company can give the giants a run for their money. My hope is that Jackson will continue to grow KashFlow and not sellout to a competitor…quite yet.

No comments: