Saturday 31 January 2009

Year of the Tie - Again

(By Richard Holway) Reading the reviews of Davos today, I came across this in The Times.

"For some, the number of people wearing ties provided the most striking contrast with previous years. This used to be frowned upon and delegates who ignored the informal dress code were asked to pay a fine. Even some Google executives were sporting ties, though not co-founder Larry Page, who expressed concern at the trend. Ties constrain the flow of blood to the head, he explained".

This is deja vu all over again. In my presentation to the Regent Conference in Jan 2001, I used the slide shown here as I had dubbed 2001 "The Year of the Tie" - the year when experienced management took over from the dot.com teenagers.

I think it's exactly the same now. Except substitute bankers for dot.com teenagers.

No comments: